Chief Scientific Officer
The Chief Scientific Officer will be responsible for overseeing and driving scientific innovation and excellence across all aspects of the company’s operations. Reporting directly to the CEO, the CSO will work collaboratively with the executive team and other key stakeholders to drive the scientific strategy and vision of the company. Internally, the CSO will drive the expansion of core technologies and services, enabling Cell-Easy to better support customers in the cell therapy space. Crucially, the CSO will provide direction for, and lead interactions with customers to ensure the R&D teams deliver high-quality and timely project outcomes.
- Develop and implement the scientific strategy and vision in alignment with overall company goals and objectives.
- Deepen internal capabilities to support customers’ requirements for genetically modified cells, i.e., CAR genetic modification through viral vector, transfection, electroporation, CRISPR/CAS9.
- Provide hands-on support and guidance to prospective customers and clients in collaboration with the commercial team to identify, define, and execute scientific projects in accordance with customer needs.
- Manage the R&D team and provide leadership and guidance to ensure high-quality, innovative, and timely delivery of scientific projects.
- Collaborate with other departments and key stakeholders to ensure successful project outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Provide oversight and guidance for process development, and analytical services for adult stem cells and immune cells.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest scientific advancements and trends in the field of genetically modified cell therapy and Immuno-Oncology to leverage this knowledge to drive innovation and excellence across the company’s operations.
- Foster a culture of scientific excellence and innovation within the company.
- Represent the company at scientific conferences and other events to build the company’s reputation and network within the industry.
- PhD in a relevant scientific field, such as cell biology, immunology, biotechnology, engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a scientific leadership role in the cell therapy.
- Ideally experience in the industry such as CRO or CDMO space.
- Strong track record of scientific innovation and excellence, demonstrated by publications, patents, or other achievements.
- Knowledge of process development and analytical services for (engineered) immune cells (T cells, B cells, NK cells)
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement scientific strategy and vision in alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Experience in customer-facing roles, with an inclination for solutions-driven thinking.
- Experience managing projects by providing technical support, guidance, and project delivery to ensure successful project outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is a plus.
Location: Toulouse, France
Join our team and contribute to our goal of democratizing and securing Drug Development program through a pioneering ATMP analytics approach while providing exceptional support and guidance to our customers.